Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Yet another 3 technologies for your classroom!

1. Dropbox
For my next technology, I'll review one that my professor has recently invited us to try.  Dropbox, like google docs, provides "cloud" storage, so that you can access your documents from any computer that has dropbox capabilities.  This is a great technology for both students and teachers.  As a student, I work on projects and papers on my home computer, my personal laptop, and my laptop at work, as well as on other work computers.  Dropbox provides me the opportunity to seamlessly work on the same document from different computers without having to constantly email myself the updated version of my work.  As a teacher, I foresee using dropbox to collaborate on projects with other teachers, as the work we put in the dropbox would be accessible by any other teachers working on the same project with the dropbox technology.

2. Delicious
Delicious is another nifty web-based way of collecting and sharing ideas and findings.  The website has personal and professional applications, and I could see it be particularly useful in the teaching profession.  For example, all of the teachers on one grade-level team could save and share interesting websites, activities, field trip location ideas, etc. as a collection online.  Each teacher's collections are viewable by the others, so sharing and collaboration is a huge benefit of this technology in the educational profession.

3. TED
TED is a website with a wealth of interesting lecture videos about a variety of topics, including technology, entertainment, design, business, and science. These videos could certainly prove excellent supplements to lessons, though, I caution teachers that some of the videos are of mature content and would not be appropriate in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment